I’d like to personally invite you to “SCARLET & GOLD”.
A Chinese New Year themed Cocktail Party in aid of Operation Smile.
More than 200,000 children are born with a severe cleft condition every year around the world — often unable to eat, speak, socialise or smile. Too often, these children are rejected by the people around them, afraid to go to school and ostracised by their communities. In many cases, parents simply can’t afford to give their children the surgery they desperately need.
So I’m Making A Mission … On 4th February 2016, it will be the inaugural Scarlet & Gold and it’s aim is to raise 150 life-changing smiles, each just costing as little as £150.
Scarlet & Gold will be a fun drinks party, with wonderful cocktails prepared on the night, by the fabulous team at BeAtOne.
At 8.45pm the charming and persuading, Mark Durden-Smith, will auction amazing prizes, as we must raise 150 smiles, because we need to fund a whole mission and you can be apart of that challenge, by supporting the event.
As for a little background on this global charity, Operation Smile provides free surgery (by volunteers) to repair cleft lips, cleft palates and other facial deformities for children around the globe.
Operation Smile is an international medical charity whose global network of thousands of credentialed medical volunteers from more than 80 countries is dedicated to helping improve the health and lives of children from more than 60 countries.
Since its founding in 1982, Operation Smile has provided more than 240,000 free surgical procedures for children and young adults born with cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities. To build long-term sufficiency in resource poor environments, Operation Smile trains doctors and local medical professionals in its partner countries so they are empowered to treat their local communities and help others around the world.
Operation Smile also donates medical equipment and supplies and provides year-round medical treatments through its worldwide centers.
We’d like to thank the below for their donation of time, support, discounts and auction prizes (T&C’s apply):
- Rhys Oldfield & BeAtOne.co.uk for donating their team of talented mixologists and awe inspiring cocktails
- Sir David Tang for donating a superb auction prize – dinner for 10 people at ChinaTangLondon.co.uk
- Mr & Mrs Nick Sibley for donating a stunning auction prize – a week in their beautiful house in Nevis, Caribbean
- Marjorie Leonidas for donating her fantastic 2.5 bedroom flat on the waterfront, in Brighton
- James Hawkins & Hawkins Bros Fine English Wine Company for donating a fabulous wine tasting event
- Sebastian Bone and FocalPoint Television for donating a very sort-after auction prize – work experience filming a TV programme/show or movie
- Corinthia Hotel London for 2 spa passes to the magnificent ESPA Life at The Corinthia
- Fenella Lindsell for donating a private class with her, a sensational and experienced yoga teacher
- Graham Carr Smith & q-cumber.co.uk for providing the delicious Qcumber soft drink & mixer
- bibendum-wine.co.uk for providing a selection of specially selected and exciting wines
- Jonathan Price & AbsoluteEvents.co.uk for providing inspirational lighting and sound
- Orlando Hamilton for providing the stunning floral decorations
- Operation Smile for donating and arranging the life changing experience of going on an actual surgical mission
- The London team at dailyPA.co.uk for donating their time & organisation